Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finished my first 50 miler

Race report to follow aftere I have recovered. The summary is that it was very, very hard, but I ran a strong race and am happy with my performance.

One thing I wanted write about is how I feel about running now and over the next few days because I think it will be interesting to see how it changes.

When I finished today, I told Jen that I didn't think I wanted to run any more long races. It was just too hard

Now, a few hours after that, I am feeling proud of my accomplishment, but I still don't think I'll be signing up for any more long races any time soon. There were a lot of low points in the race where I was asking myself why am I doing this? This hurts. I'm a little down about the whole ultrarunning thing.

More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment